Our End of Year Wrap
We set out to build Stagger to help businesses learn what elements of their brand told an effective story. We started to build Stagger just as the world was starting to feel the impact of a global pandemic and businesses found themselves shifting – everything. Suddenly, storytelling grew into an important part of bringing brands closer to their audience when in person was no longer an option.
It may not have been the best time to start a company, but for us, we stuck to our core value: Storytelling is a work ethic.
Building Stagger meant building a voice in a time where we needed it most.
We’re proud to recap our year with you and give you a look at what you can look forward to.
In 11 short months, the team started from scratch to build Stagger. I’m extremely proud of what our team of three accomplished through navigating a pandemic, a designer-turned-product-manager-turned-CEO learning her way through JIRA and everything in between. Here’s a small rundown of some big milestones we checked off the list:
• Created a template library giving users the ability to start storytelling with a baseline
• Expanded the scope of where Stagger storytelling could be used. We have embed codes that can be pasted into content sites like WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, Webflow, etc.
• Launched a private beta in 7 months
• Turned on our subscription models for our Influencer and Business tiersTurned on our subscription models for our Influencer and Business tiers
• Added the Brand Library for our Business subscribers to keep all of their brand assets and style guide in one place
• First MVP version of a Dashboard serving up embed analytics (launching this upcoming month)
Our 18-month roadmap tab never gets closed in Chrome. It sits there as a quick reference for me to keep moving and keep building. Here are some of the things you can look forward to in 2021:
• Actionable insights: We’re working on our data models to give you actions to take within the product to help refine your story with your creative. Our goal is to take the guesswork out of storytelling for your brand.
• API integrations: Most of your storytelling is being told on social media platforms. We’re working to connect to Facebook and Instagram’s APIs that’ll help us measure the performance of your Staggers within our dashboard.
• Agency subscription: For the marketing teams who manage storytelling for more than one brand, we’ll make it easy for you keep those brand assets organized. The Agency subscription will come pre-loaded with three provisioned accounts.
• Enhanced canvas tools: The team is constantly working on features to increase your editing workflow and allow you to have more precise control in your storytelling.
• More templates: Don’t consider yourself a designer? No problem. We’re continually building out our design templates to easily manipulate with drag and drop design.
Stagger is a design-led company. When you’re a design-led company, you listen to your users.
The feedback we’ve heard from our users is the north star we use as we listen and iterate on the product and build for the success of your brand. Every piece of feedback is useful and keep it coming. We love hearing from you!
We’re off to spend time with our family and take a breather. After a reset, we’re back in action and ready to do this all over again. Thank you for being a part of our first year. We’ll see you in year two.
See you in 2021,
CEO & Founder